The History of The Lauderdale Fox Hounds

The History of The Lauderdale Fox Hounds2019-01-21T16:06:49+00:00

A Hundred Years of Foxhunting in Lauderdale

By M.J. Hogarth and R.C. Hamilton

Foreword

Fox hunting in the Lauderdale country, as we know it today, has taken place for a hundred years.  Originally two brothers, Charles and Joseph Scott-Plummer had hounds at Sunderland Hall and for 21 years they were known as Mr. Scott-Plummer’s Hounds.  In 1910 Colonel Alexander Mitchell and Major Paton took them over and named the Hunt the Lauderdale Foxhounds.

Mr. Cranston Hamilton and myself as the only pre-war members still hunting felt we should write down some of the past history of the Hunt bringing it up to date.  We hope it will be of interest to the members and friends of the Hunt.

We would like to acknowledge the help we have had from various people especially the Scott-Plummer family, Mr. Alan Cunningham, Mrs Ruby Murray (Major Sharpe’s daughter).

Dot Hogarth

Early Days

Fox Hunting in Lauderdale originated from as far back as 1740, the hounds belonging to a Mr Lumsdain of Blaneme in East Lothian.  There were no Hunt boundaries in those days, and Mr Lumsdain took his hounds to any place he thought he would find a fox.

Little is known about these hounds until 1789 when Mr George Baillie who lived at Mellerstain near Kelso gave up his harriers and turned to fox-hunting.  Mr Baillie, like Mr Lumsdain, hunted where ever he thought a fox could be found.  He visited different parts of the country in turn probably for a month at a time, quartering himself, his staff and kennelling his hounds at some handy inn or at the houses of friends.  Transport was non-existent in those days and he must have covered enormous distances on horseback.  The territory hunted by Mr Baillie included the present Buccleuch, Berwickshire, Lauderdale, Northumberland and parts of the Percy country.  He hunted for thirty years giving up on account of ill health and entrusting the hunting of his hounds to his two sons, George and Robert, who in 1827 handed them over to the fifth Duke of Buccleuch, this being the start of the Duke of Buccleuch’s Foxhounds.

The country hunted by the fifth Duke of Buccleuch included most of what is known as the Lauderdale country today.  These hounds were first of all kennelled at Dalkeith, which was where the Duke resided, but shortly after new kennels were built at St. Boswells where hounds have since remained.  The fifth Duke was master for 57 seasons.

In 1830 of thereabouts Lord Elcho, later of become Earl of Wemyss and March, started to hunt the Lothian country which included the Berwickshire and Lauderdale territory.  Lord Elcho kennelled his hounds in Berwickshire and later at Coldstream when he hunted in Northumberland.  Meanwhile the Lothian Hunt had been established, but it is doubtful if they came as far south as Lauder.

In 1869 the (East) Lothian Hunt was amalgamated with the Linlithgow and Stirlingshire under the Mastership of Mr Henry Walter Hope of Luffness, but eight seasons later the East Lothian country was given up.

Mr Scott-Plummer’s Hounds

In 1884 a portion of the Duke of Buccleuch’s country was lent to the Jedforest Hunt, and in 1889 Mr Charles H. Scott-Plummer along with his brother Mr Joseph Scott-Plummer formed a private pack of Foxhounds, which were kennelled at their home, Sunderland Hall, near Selkirk, with Colonel Hope of Cowdenknowes as Secretary.  They took over the western side of the Duke of Buccleuch’s country which was only occasionally hunted – an area roughly 30 miles by 12.  They hunted what is now known as the Lauderdale country two days a week.

The brothers called their hounds Mr Scott-Plummer’s hounds.  Transport in those days was non-existent and they must have travelled long distances to meets and home.  Mr Joseph Scott-Plummer recalled a meet at Gilston on 1st April 1893 when hounds ran into East Lothian, and the brothers collected hounds, had supper at Addinston and got home to Sunderland Hall at 12.30 a.m.!

In 1905 Mr Joseph Scott-Plummer retired from the joint mastership and Mr. Charles carried on alone for a further five years.  The hunt, it should be added, was a private one and the master paid all expenses himself.  Sadly Mr Joseph Scott-Plummer was drowned fishing the river Tweed in 1907.

The Lauderdale Foxhounds

In 1910, Mr. Scott-Plummer sold his hounds to Lt.Colonel Alexander Mitchell and Major Paton.  The boundaries of the country at this time were from Twinlaw Cairns to Evelaw, down the Blackadder to the railway a mile west of Greenlaw; north of the railway to Earlston and down the Leader on the west side to Leaderfoot, up the north side of the Tweed to the mouth of Ettrick, up Ettrick to the mouth of Yarrow and up Yarrow.  The western boundary was with the Linlithgow and Stirlingshire on the north to the First of Forth.  (Due to the formation of a new pack of hounds called the Edmonston Harriers poaching into Lauderdale country, the Northern boundary was redefined in 1973 as follows: from the Gordon Arms in Yarrow to Innerleithen, up the Leithen water to the top of Heriot water, taking in Galahill across the A7 and by Nettlingflat to the A68 at Blackshiels and thence to the Twinlaw Cairns.  This boundary being registered with the Master of Foxhounds Association).  At this time Colonel Alexander Mitchel lived at Luscar, Fife and Major Arther C. Paton at Whitehill, St Boswells where the hounds were kept.  Major Paton was Colonel Mitchell’s brother-in-law.  Major Paton hunted hounds with George Holland as kennel huntsman and Jack Mackarness as whipper-in.  It was at this stage the hunt became knowns as the Lauderdale Hunt.

Lt. Col. A.C. Mitchell

In 1930 Colonel Mitchell took a lease of the Thirlestane Castle Stables and moved his hounds there.  Colonel Mitchell died on 4th December 1934 having been joint Master and Master of the Lauderdale Hounds for twenty-four seasons.  He will always be remembered as a great Master, generous sportsman, and a strict disciplinarian.  This was still a privately owned pack, and as the saying goes “He who pays the piper, calls the tune”.  He could not tolerate late comers to the meet and had been known on several occasions to send them home.  (A lot of present day members would have been sent home had they hunted then!).  Anyone who wanted to smoke a pipe had to go to the back of the field, but cigarette smokers were allowed to keep forward.  No one could pass the Master until he said so.  Hounds showed great sport during his term of office.  The Colonel had numerous jumps built in various parts of the country, and some still remain today.  After a few seasons he would ask a follower to put up the hunt button; this was a running fox with L.F.H. below and is a custom continued to the present day, but in consultation with the committee.  (Mr Scott-Plummer also had a button with the initials C.S.P. on it).  Silver spoons with the hunt crest were given to puppy walkers annually.  When hounds were meeting north of Stow the Colonel would load his hounds and staff on the train at Newton St. Boswells unloading them at Fountainhall Station and taking them home by train after hunting.

End of an era

After the Colonel’s death his two sons, Mr. (later Sir) Harold Mitchel M.P. and Mr Alex Mitchell carried on as joint acting masters for the rest of the season, and at the Point-to-Point meeting at Blainslie in 1935 they presented the hounds to the Country.

Major R.W. Sharpe of The Park, Earlston who was secretary and whom the Colonel had appointed Deputy Master during the last season or two, when his health was failing, took over as Master in May 1935 with Mr Kenneth McLelland as secretary which was a popular choice.  On Mr McLelland’s death in 1938, Mr A.U. Cunningham was appointed secretary.

Major Sharpe was a remarkable man.  Although he had lost a leg during the first world war, he could cross a country as well as, and in some cases better than, some followers of the hunt.  On one occasion he had a bad fall breaking his artificial leg but an S.O.S. to his wife brought an instant replacement which allowed him to continue.  He inaugurated the Ladies race at the Lauderdale Point-to-Point.  Major Sharpe continued as Master until the outbreak of the second world war.  Mr. Alan Cunningham joined him as joint Master for one season and when Major Sharpe retired in 1940 he took over the Mastership, bringing the hounds from Thirlestane Castle where they had been kennelled since 1930 to his farm, Threepwood, where new kennels had been prepared.

Word War Two and after

During the second world war Mr Cunningham kept a nucleus of hounds to enable him to restart the hunt after the war; he occasionally took them out to keep the foxes down.  Members today should know that, had it not been for Mr Cunningham keeping these hounds at his own expense, there might not have been a pack today.  Mr Cunningham continued as Master for eleven seasons and after the war showed great sport, killing many foxes.  He hunted hounds himself during this period and finally retired after the 1950-51 season.  During his Mastership, in 1947, the Hunt became a subscription pack.  Trustees were appointed and a constitution draw up.  Previously only landowners had subscribed.

Kennels moved to Trabroun

Trabroun was bought in 1951 where hounds are now kept.  The finances required to purchase Trabroun were raised by donations from members and from the sale of shares left to the hunt by Colonel Mitchell.  Many alterations were necessary to make the buildings suitable for hounds.  Water was in short supply, so in 1953 a new water pipe was laid from a spring on the farm of Trabroun.  During the last thirty-eight years many improvements have been made at these kennels.

In 1951 Captain E.A. Pearce was Master and huntstman for one season.  In 1952 Mr T.G. McMillan took over the Mastership with Bob Jones as huntsman and Will White as whipper-in.  Mr. R.C. Hamilton was secretary and Mr C.D. Sutherland, Chairman.  In 1953 Will White was appointed huntsman and remained with the Lauderdale for 19 seasons.  Mr McMillan retired from the Mastership in 1957 and the hunt was then run by a committee with Mrs J.L. Hogarth, Mr R. Waddell and Mr J. Scott Aiton as Acting Masters.  Mr J. Scott Aiton was secretary and Mr R. Scott Aiton Chairman.  In 1958 Mrs J.L. Hogarth and Miss Jean Burns took over as joint Masters with Mr J. Scott Aiton as secretary and Mr T.G. McMillan as Chairman.  They carried on as Masters for two very successful seasons.

The Sixties – Major Baillie as M.F.H.

On their retirement in 1960 Major S.E.H. Baillie took over as Master and continued in this capacity for ten seasons.  Will White continued as huntsman and many enjoyable hunts were had.  Major Baillie like Mr McMillan made many improvements at the Kennels at his own expense.  Major Baillie retired in 1970 and Mrs R.M. Wood and Mr J.L. Hogarth took over as joint Masters.  Will White continued as huntsman for one season until he retired in 1971 having been in hunt service for 53 years.

In 1971 Will White retired and went to live in Gattonside in a cottage generously lent to him for life by Charlotte Lady Reay.  Will was a much respected huntsman.  He whipped in to the late George Summers who was huntsman to the Buccleuch Hounds.  He served his country in the second world war and on his return hunted for a short period in Ireland before coming to the Lauderdale.

The Seventies

Mrs Wood and Mr Hogarth engaged Charlie Appleyard as huntsman.  In 1974 Mrs Wood retired from the Mastership and Mr Hogarth was joined by Charlotte Lady Reay and Mr R.C. Hamilton in the Mastership.  They continued for three seasons with Charlie Appleyard as huntsman and on their retiring the Mastership was taken over by Mr C.M. Spalding along with Mr J.L. Hogarth.  Mr Spalding who had been Field Master with the Zetland hunted the hounds himself.  He made an excellent job of it and when he retired in 1980 left a splendid hunting pack of hounds.  They had Michael King as kennel huntsman.  Mr Hogarth had retired in 1978 leaving Mr Spalding as sole Master but after Mr Spalding retired took over again as acting Master for a committee.

Mr Hogarth was a great sportsman and did so much to help the Lauderdale Hunt.  It was a great loss to the hunt when in February 1987 while hunting on Halkburn farm near Galashiels he had a fall from which regrettably he never recovered.  He died a few days later.

The Eighties

In 1981 Mr and Mrs Heysham took over the Mastership for one season.  Mr Heysham hunting hounds with Ted Pearce as kennel huntsman.

In 1982 Mr N.D.W. Murray and Mr P. Wilson were appointed acting Masters for the Committee for two seasons when Mr Wilson retired.  Mr Murray was then joined by Mr and Mrs A.J. Hogarth as acting Masters.  Mr A.J. Hogarth is the son of Mr J.L. Hogarth who, as already stated, did so much for the Lauderdale Hunt.  Ted Pearce was huntsman for two seasons 1982-84.  Then Mr Murray took over hunting hounds and continued to do so until 1989 with John Forbes as kennel huntsman.  In 1987 Mr Myles Brown joined Mr Murray and Mrs & Mrs Hogarth in the Mastership and they continue as Masters to the present day.

Hunt Supporters Club

The Lauderdale Hunt Supporters Club was founded in 1967 to promote friendship and raise money.  This the members have done very successfully contributing to hunt funds in cash and kind.

Hunting Days

Traditionally hounds hunted on Tuesdays and Fridays, with the occasion by-day, but from 1971 Friday meets were changed to Saturdays, mainly for the convenience of subscribers and supporters, many of the latter following by car which gave them a greater interest in the hunt.

Hounds

Mr. Scott-Plummer’s hounds were bred partly from Welsh Pembrokeshire, Cottesmore, and Duke of Buccleuch blood.  Colonel Mitchell carried on these lines and introduced blood from Belvoir, Meynell, Berwickshire, Linlithgow & Stirling and Bedale.  These hounds were almost all Belvoir Tan in colour but he had a good white bitch called Fairy, the subject of a Lionel Edwards painting of the Lauderdale.  They were big strong hounds standing up on their toes very steady with good noses and tongue.

A lighter type of hound in build and colour was introduced after the ’39-’45 war with a cross of Fell blood and over the years since, many crosses of College Valley blood have come into the pack, viz College Valley Poacher and a great many hounds are white or lemon and white.

Various huntsmen and Masters brought in a hound or two from their last packs, including the Heythrop, Tynedale and Williams Wyn.  This has given us a good outcross.  There are in the pack today a few hounds of Welsh strain which came from the West Percy and good hounds they are, also two ages of drafts from the Vale of Aylesbury and The Border.  Foxes in Lauderdale are very strong and hard to catch but over the years the average annual tally has remained about the same.

Long may this pack continue to hunt the Lauderdale country.

Point-to-Point

There is as far as can be ascertained no record of any point-to-point before 1922 but that year a race was held for the Lauderdale Hunt Cup starting at Woodheads – no gate to be opened and only up to 50 yards ridden on a road.  This race was won by Mr Charles Herdman riding Bugle.  16 ran.  In 1923, three races were run starting at Bluecairn, they were a Lightweight, a Heavyweight and a Nomination, the course was down the valley to Colmslie round the tower and back to Bluecairn.  No made fences on either course.

In 1924 the 1st point-to-point was held at Upper Blainslie, 4 miles over walls with divots on top, 1 brush fence, the first and last.  Major Sharpe inaugurated the first Ladies race in Lauderdale in 1936, won by Miss Fanny Baillie, riding Glenesk side saddle.  There was no racing during the war but in 1946 the point-to-point was held at Threepwood.  However, for the 1947 races, at Mr Hogarth’s invitation, plans were made for a new permanent course at Mosshouses.  But the exceptionally long and severe winter that year caused the meeting to be cancelled and it was in 1948 that the first point-to-point was held at Mosshouses.  The course was 3 ½ miles, twice round, and over divot-topped stone walls except for the last fence.  From 1950 all the fences were of birch.  The races have continued to be held at Mosshouses until the present day.

Crossing the country

“LAUDERDALE…….a wall country; about 45 per cent in pasture; 25 per cent moorland; 20 per cent plough; 10 per cent woodland”.

That extract from Bailey’s Hunting Directory of 1939 – the half-way point in the story of hunting in Lauderdale – aptly described a country almost unchanged for half a century.  Today, fifty years on, how much has the country altered?  On the face of it the essential character is the same but it is nonetheless interesting to consider the more subtle changes since World War Two.

Until a few years after the war, with the arrival of the Land Rover and towed horse trailers, practically everyone hacked to meets and it was not uncommon to be one and a half hours on the road.  There were grooms (all of them male!) to ride second horse and also shut gates as they were expected to ride at the back of the field.  Traffic on trunk roads such as the A68 was so light that you could jog along sections of it behind hounds, and after a long day you might hack home in the moonlight.

There is no doubt that until then hunting in Lauderdale was much easier than now.  Walls could be jumped with confidence in the reasonable expectation that there was no wire lurking except along some marches and even there you would be sure to find a well-marked hunt jump or gate.  Mains electric fencing, that modern phenomenon, was unknown then – (though let it be said that today farms will switch off the current if warned that the hunt might pass) – as were large herds of autumn calving suckler cows and also early lambing ewes.

The going was probably better, for much of the grassland was unimproved permanent or rough pasture, lightly stocked by today’s standards and not grazed bare, which made for excellent going and seldom cut up.  Plough (as defined by Bailey) meant ploughed stubble, grass or turnip land.  Cropping rotations in Lauderdale were based on oats, barley (all spring grown) and turnips.  Indeed the large fields of turnips grown until the ‘sixties were often a useful draw for hounds.  Also included would be small acreages of potatoes and winter wheat but they would be grown mainly in lower Lauderdale.  Winter barley began to appear in the late ‘seventies, but this crop may now be retreating from the higher ground, having lost favour with many.

The disappearance of the binder has probably been the main reason for delayed starts to cub-hunting, apart from the debatable alteration to the seasons.  It was quite usual for oats in the lower lying parts of Lauderdale to be bindered and stoked during the second half of August.  This allowed the young entry to be introduced to adjoining coverts in plenty of time before the hunting season proper began.  Combine-harvesting grain crops has meant that in late seasons the whole country is not opened up until early October, sometimes even later.

In case the impression is one of unfavourable comparison between hunting today and hunting in the earlier half of this century, it has to be said with some truth that the changes in agricultural practice affecting foxhunting happened over a period of say thirty or forty years and both hunt officials and subscribers have adapted to them as well as possible.  They have become accepted as part of the changing rural scene.  Set-aside and a return to extensification of the way Lauderdale is farmed may yet bring benefits to hunting.  Whatever the fortunes of farming – and the period of 1889-1989 has seen many ups and downs – hunting in Lauderdale has survived them all.

Masters and Officials of the Lauderdale Foxhounds

1889-05 Masters Messrs C & J. Scott-Plummer
Huntsman Mr. C. Scott-Plummer
1905-10 Master & Huntsman Mr C. Scott-Plummer

Col Hope of Cowdenknowes

1910-19 Masters Col. A.C. Mitchell & Mr A.C. Paton
Huntsman 1910 George Holland
1911-14 Mr A.C. Paton
Sec. Mr E. Douglas of Braehead
1919-34 Master Col. A.C. Mitchell
Huntsman 1915-22 George Holland
1922-23 George Travess
1923-24 Jim Grange
1924-25 Percy Roberts
1925-29 J. Dickman
1929-34 Sam Morgan
1934-35 Percy Holland
Sec. 1915-27 Mr Charles Herdman, Friarshall
1927-35 Sec. 1927-35 Maj R.W. Sharpe
1934-35 Act. Masters Mr Harold Mitchell & Mr Alex Mitchell
Sec. Major R.W. Sharpe (Deputy Master)
Huntsman Percy Holland
1935-40 Master Major Sharpe
Huntsman Percy Holland
Sec. 1935-38 Mr K.T. McLelland
1938-39 Mr A.U. Cunninghman
Joint Master 1939-40 Mr A.U. Cunningham
1940-51 Master Mr A.U. Cunningham
K. Huntsman Percy Holland – Bob Jones 1946
Sec. Mr T.G. McMilland
Chairman Mr J.P. Dun
1951-52 Master Captain E.A. Pearce
K. Huntsman Bob Jones
Sec. Mr T.G. McMillan
Chairman Mr J.P. Dun
1952-57 Master Mr T.G. McMillan
K. Huntsman R.H. Jones
1953-57 W. White
Sec. Mr R.C. Hamilton
Chairman Mr C.D. Sutherland
1957-58 Committee Mrs J.L. Hogarth, Mr R. Waddell
Mr J. Scott Aiton
Huntsman W. White
Sec. Mr J. Scott Aiton
Chairman Mr R. Scott Aiton
1958-60 Masters Mrs J.L. Hogarth: Miss Jean Burns
Huntsman W. White
Sec. Mr J. Scott Aiton
Chairman Mr T.G McMillan
1960-70 Master Major S.E.H. Baillie
Huntsman W. White
1st Whip 1964-66 M. Tokely
1966-67 P. Hammond
K. Budden
1967-70 A. Gilliver
Secretary Mr J. Scott Aiton
Chairman Mr T.G. McMillan
1970-74 Masters Mrs R.M. Wood: Mr J.L. Hogarth
Huntsman 1970-71 W. White
1971-74 C. Appleyard
1st Whip A. Gilliver
1973074 B. Nichol
Sec. Mr J. Scott Aiton
Chairman Mr R.C. Hamilton
1974-77 Masters Charlotte Lady Reay: Mr J.L. Hogarth
Mr R.C. Hamilton
Huntsman C. Appleyard
1st Whip A. Williamson
1976-77 R. Wilson
Sec. Mr J. Scott Aiton
Chairman Major S.E.H. Baillie
1977-78 Masters Mr J.L. Hogarth & Mr C.H. Spalding
Huntsman Mr C.H. Spalding
Kennel Huntsman & Whip M. King
Sec. Mr J. Scott Aiton
Chairman Maj. S.E.H. Baillie
1978-79 Master Mr C.M. Spalding
Huntsman Mr C.M. Spalding
Kennel Huntsman & Whip M. King
Sec. Mr A.A. Scott
Chairman Maj S.E.H. Baillie
1979-80 Master Mr C.M. Spalding
Huntsman Mr C.M. Spalding
Kennel Huntsman & Whip M. King
Sec. Mr W. Robinson
Treasurer Mr A.L. Rintoul
Chairman Maj S.E.H. Baillie
1980-81 Committee
Acting Master Mr J.L. Hogarth
Huntsman M. King
Whip M.A. Esling
Joint Secs Mr W. Robinson & Mr A.L. Rintoul
Treasurer Mr A.L. Rintoul
Chairman Mr J.L. Hogarth
1981-82 Masters Mr and Mrs L.G. Heysham
Huntsman Mr L.G. Heysham
Kennel Huntsman & Whip E. Pearce
Joint Secs Mr I. Scott Aiton: Mr A.L Rintoul
Treasurer Mr A.L. Rintoul
Chairman Capt the Hon Gerald Maitland-Carew
1983-84 Joint Acting Masters Mr N.D.W. Murray: Mr P. Wilson
Huntsman Mr N.D.W. Murray
Kennel Huntsman E. Pearce
Joint Secs Mr Ian Scott Aiton
Treasurer Mr A.L. Rintoul
Chairman Capt the Hon Gerald Maitland-Carew
1984-85 Masters Mr N.D.W. Murray: Mr & Mrs A.J. Hogarth
Huntsman Mr N.D.W. Murray
Kennel Huntsman Ted Pearce
Whip M.A. Esling
Joint Secs Mr A.L. Rintoul: Mr I. Scott Aiton
Treasurer Mr A.L. Rintoul
Chairman Capt the Hon Gerald Maitland-Carew
1985-87 Masters Mr N.D.W. Murray: Mr Myles Browne
Mr & Mrs A.J. Hogarth
Huntsman Mr N.D.W. Murray
Kennel Huntsman & Whip John Forbes
Joint Secs Mr A.L Rintoul: Mr I. Scott Aiton
Treasurer Mr A.L. Rintoul
Chairman Capt the Hon Gerald Maitland-Carew
1987-91 Masters Mr N.D.W. Murray: Mr Miles Browne
Mr & Mrs A.J. Hogarth
Kennel Huntsman John Forbes
Joint Secs Mr A.L. Rintoul: Mr I. Scott Aiton
Treasurer Mr A.L. Rintoul
Chairman Capt the Hon Gerald Maitland-Carew
1991-95 Masters Mr M.S. Browne & Mr R.S. Hamilton
Huntsman John Forbes
Sec. & Treasurer Mr I. Scott Aiton
Chairman Capt the Hon Gerald Maitland-Carew
1996-2000 Masters Mr N.D.W. Murray: Mrs C.B. Croxford Adams
Mr J.E. Dodd: Mr J. Forbes
Huntsman Mr N.D.W. Murray
Kennel Huntsman Mr J. Forbes
Sec. & Treasurer Mr I. Scott Aiton
Chairman Capt the Hon Gerald Maitland-Carew
2000-01 Masters Mr J.E. Dodd: Mr J. Forbes
Mr E. Cameron: Mr P. Wilson
Huntsman Mr P. Wilson
Kennel Huntsman Mr J. Forbes
Sec. & Treasurer Mr I. Scott Aiton
Chairman Capt the Hon Gerald Maitland-Carew
2001-02 Masters Mr J.E. Dodd: Mr J. Forbes
Mr E. Cameron: Mr P. Wilson
Huntsman Mr P. Wilson
Kennel Huntsman Mr J. Forbes
Sec. & Treasurer Mr I. Scott Aiton
Chairman Mr R.S. Hamilton
2002-09 Committee
Acting Master Mr R.S. Hamilton
Huntsman John Forbes
Hon. Sec. & Treasurer Mr I. Scott Aiton
Chairman Mr R.S. Hamilton
2009-16 Master & Huntsman Mr T.J.E. Coulson
Hon. Sec. Mr I. R. Scott Aiton
Hon. Treasurer Mrs J. Millar
Chairman Mr J. Macfarlane

Click on any photo to enlarge